There are so many reasons to make the switch to reusable menstrual products. More and more people are using Lunapads, Luna Undies, or The DivaCup - for reasons as diverse as the users themselves. Here's our top 5 reasons why you should make the switch:
- Make informed choices for your menstrual and reproductive health. Thanks to the #DetoxTheBox campaign, Proctor & Gamble are finally starting to disclose their ingredients online, but still refuse to include them on all of their packaging. Exposure to unknown chemicals and possible irritants should not be the price you pay for having a period. Lunapads are gentle and body-safe, with no mystery additives, fragrance, or adhesives.
- Have a planet-friendly period. 20 billion disposable menstrual products end up in North American landfills annually. Many contain surfactants, pesticide residues, and traces of dioxin - all of which contribute to landfill gas, a highly toxic chemical soup that impacts the quality and safety of our air. These harmful chemicals can also leach into our groundwater, lakes, and streams, contaminating our environment and posing a health risk to all living things. Lunapads are made with 100% cotton and each replaces over 120 disposable pads or tampons, helping you protect the earth and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Redefine your period. Stop supporting companies that use oppressive marketing campaigns and shame to sell you their products. All bodies deserve respect and care. Our collection of bold reusables in a variety of prints & designs allow you the freedom to express your personal style, disrupt the status quo, and give your period a fresh new start. With performance you can trust, and comfort unparalleled by any disposable, Lunapads can help transform your period experience into something with 100% more chill.
- Break the monthly spending cycle. Disposable pads and tampons cost more than their reusable counterparts because you have to keep buying them every month. Our products provide an economical alternative, empowering you to manage your period independently and on your own terms. Making the switch is a smart investment that will save you hundreds over time, keeping extra cash in your pocket.
- Champion education for girls in the developing world. Educated girls marry later, have fewer & healthier babies, and can more confidently claim their rights and freedoms. Through One4Her, for every Lunapad purchased, students in East Africa receive Ugandan-made AFRIpads to support their school attendance; a vital key to a brighter and more empowered future.
What's Your Reason?
Join the #DitchtheDisposables conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or comment below to be entered to win a $75 gift card from Lunapads.com. Use the Raffelcopter entry form below for a quick & easy contest entry, and be sure to invite your friends & fam to play along for more chances to win. For every 101 reasons shared in the comments here, we’ll give away an additional $75 gift card. Contest ends February 10th.
Good luck everyone, and all our best to you & yours in 2016!a Rafflecopter giveaway