Have you ever wondered if you really have to check your values at the door when you go to work? Ever dreamed of working for a compassionate, energetic and creative company, one that cares about social and environmental issues more than the bottom line?
Could you do better? Could business do better? Could you live for what you believe in and make a difference?
We’re Lunapads, and we’ve asked ourselves the same things.
Lunapads is owned and operated by women who are more than just industry leaders: we’re unapologetically feminist activists working to change the world. Our purpose is to inspire healthy and sustainable choices that support positive, shame-free experiences of our bodies.
We support that belief by providing a new perspective on personal care. We manufacture and sell washable, sustainable menstrual products: from our own branded line of Lunapads washable pads and period underwear to the DivaCup.
Our values of authenticity, sustainability and transparency are reflected in our proud standing as a founding and award-winning Canadian B Corporation, and we’re constantly pushing ourselves to higher standards of social and environmental commitment.
Ecommerce Warehousing and Fulfillment Specialist
As our new Ecommerce Warehousing and Fulfillment Specialist, you’ll oversee our warehouse space, ensuring that goods coming and leaving the warehouse meet the standards we expect of a sustainable growing business. You’ll be immersed in the day to day warehouse activities of a fast-growing manufacturing and e-commerce business.
You’ll work closely with the fulfillment and inventory team, as well as Customer Service. They will be your day-to-day team-mates, mentors, and guides to Lunapads, especially while you learn the ropes.
For a detailed description of the duties, see Appendix 1 at the end.
A Rare Opportunity
This role is a rare opportunity to participate in all aspects of warehousing, inventory management and customer service: an outstanding way to gain breadth, business maturity, and experience towards meaningful work.
You’ll thrive in this role if you’re like to create efficiencies and work with people and processes. You’re committed to growing the company and taking Lunapads to the next level. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always pushing yourself and your teammates to do better. You want to be part of a close-knit, community-minded, small business, where every person is essential, and sees the impact of their work.
In short, this is more than a job; it’s a path to personal growth, and exposure to a strong community of entrepreneurs who are using business as a force for good.
This is a full-time position, with a pay range between $13.85 to $18 an hour, commensurate with experience. Total compensation also includes vacation, personal and volunteer days, a health spending account, and more cloth pads and period underwear than you could shake a stick at.
We want you to be yourself when you come to work: that’s why we foster an environment where everyone takes pride in themselves and in their workplace. We encourage authenticity, and want you to bring your whole self to work every day.
That’s the spirit that inspires our East Vancouver office space, which is open, energetic, and collective. We’re in and of this community; our office and warehouse are in one building, and our products are made nearby, where you can go visit ‘em when you need cheering up.
How to Apply
Lunapads is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees; as such we are an equal opportunity employer. Women, trans & queer folks, indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. Send your application to JOBS@LUNAPADS.COM We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you. No calls or office visits, please.
APPENDIX 1: Ecommerce warehousing and fulfillment specialist
Organizes workflow to receive and stock product from manufacturers and wholesalers.
- Ensures accurate quantities of product were received, and compares it to PO’s and online records. Identifies product shortages/damages from delivery upon receipt of product and follows up on resolution or remedies
- Sorts, stocks, redistributes and replenishes optimal product quantities in proper locations around warehouse.
- Monitors and informs management of any out-of-stock situations.
- Counts inventory annually and resolve discrepancies
- Maintains and organizes the warehouse and work area for orderliness & cleanliness
- Ensures warehouse safety is a priority. Operates warehouse equipment safely and efficiently.
Works with our fulfillment team to pick & pack and ship customer orders accurately and efficiently
- Use technology to process and verify orders for ecommerce fulfillment
- Pack and palletize distributor and international orders, including creation of packing slips and accurate completion of federal customs documents
- Evaluate orders for accuracy, errors and, where appropriate, revise, to ensure customers receive the best choice of products for their needs.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and customers
Other responsibilities may include:
- Track and process returns and product donations
- Conduct appropriate quality assurance work to ensure quality of inventory
- To attend to the appropriate Lunapads systems, production management, stock levels, and production targets.
- Help train new warehouse associates.
- To contribute improvements, ideas and innovations.
- To work with and assist other departments as required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, you will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch.
You may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 40 pounds by hand. Will regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity requiring some coordinated movements.
While performing the duties of this job you may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures are essential to eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Comfortable working with technology including online software applications and databases
- Able to lift at least 40 lbs and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Physically healthy enough to lift, bend, and stock products. Able to move up and down ladder and use step stool, pallet jack and push/pull wheeled carts.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Competent at math, reading and communication
- Minimum of one year related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Experience with ecommerce, customer service or inventory management systems is an asset